1 - 9 of 9 articles
• Old oaks (Quercus robur L.) play an important role in the southern Scandinavian landscape by providing habitat for a wide range of species, a large proportion of them being currently on the National Redlists.
• To provide support for the management of these trees, we review data on oak...
• In this study of a 19-year-old Acacia mangium plantation with a basal area of 26.6 m2 ha−1 in subtropical South China, whole tree sap flow was measured continuously over a two-year period and the dependence of stand sap flow (Et) on environmental factors was investigated at diurnal (hourly),...
• Sample size is a critical issue for genetic diversity studies and conservation programs. However, sample size evaluation requires previous knowledge of allele frequencies estimated with precision and this is not often the case.
• Here, we evaluated sample size requirements for accurate...
• It is of importance, when comparing physiological responses of leaves to environmental constraints among different genotypes, to take into account any effect related to leaf position and age within the canopy that might interfere with the response to the constraints.
• To document such...
• The effect of nitrogen (N) deposition on the decomposition of pine (Pinus massoniana) needles in a tropical pine plantation was studied. The pine needles with two different nutrient status (nutrient-rich and nutrient-poor) were used, followed by 3-levels of N treatments (Control: no N...
• Wood density of elite parents of loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.) was investigated in 6 to 18 year-old progeny trials. The sampling was carried out separately in seven testing regions in the southeastern US. A checklot was the only connection between elite parents planted at different trials...
• Fine-scale spatial and temporal establishment patterns of direct-seeded oaks on abandoned agricultural land have been little studied despite their potential importance for long-term stand structure.
• Here we periodically monitored seedling emergence and early growth of bur oak (Quercus...
• Chestnut stands (Castanea sativa Mill.) for fruit production, in Northern Portugal, are subjected to frequent soil tillage operations, which is considered a threat for the system sustainability.
• The effects of replacement of conventional tillage by the no-tillage system in chestnut...
• We investigated the influence of Thelephora terrestris, an ectomycorrhizal fungus, on the concentration of nitrogen in needles of Pinus sylvestris L. seedlings and their mycorrhizal structure within four seasons of growth.
• Seedlings were grown in four treatments: (I) inoculated + 0.030 g...
Read and print from thousands of top scholarly journals.
Continue with Facebook
Log in with Microsoft
Already have an account? Log in
Bookmark this article. You can see your Bookmarks on your DeepDyve Library.
To save an article, log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
Sign Up Log In
To subscribe to email alerts, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
To get new article updates from a journal on your personalized homepage, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.